The 3 in 1 One Lovely Food for Thought Blog-A-Thon Blog Award. Enjoy.
Radiant Form has been nominated for not one, not two, not four, but three awards. This is quite an unexpected surprise for me, especially given this blog’s short three week existence. We are humbled and honored to say the least.
The Blogathon Award
There’s an old saying that if a man wants his dreams to come true he must wake up. I’d like to thank Biltrix, who “tagged” me in the Blogathon, for waking me up to the idea of starting this simple photo blog.
THE RULES FOR THE BLOGATHON
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the “tagger” has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers and tag them in their post.
5. These “lucky” bloggers must then be told.
6. No tag backs.
A few months back I wrote over at Biltrix seven things you don’t know about me unless you know me. If you can remember them without following the link, congratulations, you are the winner of the prestigious, “I Could Memorize the Phone Book If I Wanted To Blogger Award.”
And now, wake the children and call the neighbors, here are eleven, yes, count them, eleven new things about me, and so……drum roll please….here they are:
- That may look like me but it is not me playing the drums.
- I don’t play the drums and don’t want to but I have secretly banged on things pretending I do from time to time.
- I would like to be able to go up in flames like Animal does. It would be a great climactic ending to a fire and brimstone homily.
- Speaking of drums, my favorite sport is baseball.
- Speaking of baseball, I didn’t have a television until my junior year in high school.
- Speaking of high school, I should take this occasion to say that my parents were right and I was wrong all along, television is a waist of time, and we really didn’t need one.
- Speaking of no television, I made up for it by listening to “A Prairie Home Companion”. Yes, I grew up in Minnesota, and yes, it’s true that in Minnesota, “All the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.”
- The part about the men is especially true once I left.
- I do miss Minnesota. I love the people there, and the fish. Which leads me to the fun fact that:
- 99% of Minnesotans fish (me included). The other 1% don’t because they are in jail (not me included).Which reminds me that:
- With over 10,000 lakes there is more shoreline in Minnesota then the whole rest of the world combined.
And now, the questions that I must answer:
- Have you ever read a dialogue by Plato? Yes. Thankfully I have had the priveledge of immersing myself in the classics.
- Do you know any foreign languages? Yes. Spanish.
- How good are you at math? Absolutely not.
- Are you a convert? I’m not a convert but I’ve found life is one conversion after another.
- Would you like to renew your baptismal promises? Yes.
- Do you reject Satan? Yes.
- And all his works? Yes.
- And all his empty promises? Yes.
- Do you believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth? Yes.
- Do you believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary was crucified, died, and was buried, rose from the dead, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father? Yes.
- Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting? Yes.
Onto everyone’s favorite part, the questions they must answer, but first, to get you in the mood:
Added Rule: You must listen to this music while answering the questions.
1. What is your most favorite annoying game show music?
2. Were you ever on a game show?
3. Did you ever want to be on one?
4. Enough about game shows. If you were alone, on a deserted island, and could only bring one blog, which would it be?
5. Now, what is your favorite classic book?
6. Now, for a deep theological question. Do you think mosquitoes existed in the Garden of Eden?
7. What is your favorite hot drink?
8. Do you like dogs or cats more?
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. What is your favorite Muppet?
11. Which of these random questions was your least favorite?
For nominations, please see below…
The Food for Thought Award
There’s an old saying about holiday meals that more was prepared than was served, more was served than was eaten, and more was eaten than was necessary. Thankfully, when it comes to food for thought, the latter is not true. We should always be nourishing our mind. I would like to thank 8 Kids and a Business for an insightful and nourishing blog and, in turn, for considering Radiant Form worthy of this award.
For this award, special mention is owed to Citizen Tom who brain-childed the Food for Thought Award.
Here is Citizen Tom‘s explanation: “What’s The Food for Thought Award? How can we combine The Super Sweet Blogger Award with The Thought Provoking Blog Award? Well, when a Christian blog offers visitors wisdom from the Word of God, isn’t that blog providing its visitors food for thought? Ah ha! Thus was born a new award.” Thank you, Citizen Tom!
RULES FOR THE FOOD FOR THOUGHT AWARD
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share seven of your favourite Bible passages. For extra points (Perhaps our Father in heaven will award them.), explain why each of these seven passages is a favourite.
- Nominate seven other bloggers you admire and enjoy! Why seven? In the Bible, seven symbolizes completeness.
- Inform each person that you have nominated them.
MY SEVEN FAVORITE BIBLE PASSAGES
This is by far the most difficult of all the questions. I could copy past the whole of Sacred Scripture, as I find that some passages are more relevant to me at times than others. At this point in my life, however, I am drawing tremendous fruit from the following passages:
1. “That you may be utterly filled with the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:19
2. “Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, what God has ready for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9
3. “That you may be transformed from one glory to another.” 2 Corinthains 3:18
4. “We will come to him and make our dwelling within him.” John 14:26
5. “Whatsoever you ask in my name I will do for you.” John 14:13
6. “I live by faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.” Galatians 2:20
7. “Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies it will remain alone. But if it dies it will give much fruit.” John 12:24
For nominations, please see below…
One Lovely Blog Award
A belief is not merely an idea that the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind. I really believe that Beauty can save the world and am grateful to The Interface for the Lovely Blog award. Receiving this award was a real confirmation to me that Radiant Form is on the right path. Thank you so much!
RULES FOR THE ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post (and put in the logo);
2. Share seven things about yourself;
3. Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire;
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
For the 7 things about myself, please see the first 7 (or last 7) under the Blogothon
And now for the Nominations!
Since the rules for each blog require that I nominate a different number of people, I chose to nominate in this fashion. For the One Lovely Blog Award I need to nominate 15 blogs for the award. I decided to nominate 15 people who can choose from any or all of the above awards that they do not already have, provided that they follow the rules for the award(s) they choose.
Here are the blogs that I nominate for all of the above awards:
- Daniel Undem
- Linn Ann
- Green Light Lady
- The Rainey View
- 1 Catholic Salmon
- Lame House Wife
- Catholic 1
- This Blogging Thing
- Water My Flowers Lord
- Catholic and Lovin’ It
- Perpetual Learner
- A Secular Priest
- Under the Sky of Arkansas
- My Hope Box
Thank you one and all! God bless.